Strymon Mobius Modulation Multi-effects pedal
12 Studio-class modulation effects from one pedalboard friendly guitar effects unit
10 years ago you would need a 24 space rack to cover all the ground Strymon crams into this one effect
In order to bring you the Mobius Modulation multi-effects pedal for electric guitar, the engineers at Strymon dedicated themselves to forging a collection of the most organic, luscious, expressive, and versatile modulation effects ever heard. They painstakingly studied the finest nuances of legendary modulations from the last five decades. Not only did they faithfully capture these warm and lush vintage sounds—they expanded their vocabulary with extended versatility and sonic possibilities never before heard.
The Strymon Mobius gives you twelve legendary, versatile, and inspirational modulation machines, all in a pedalboard friendly, easy-to-use package. Go from lush, mouthwatering, vintage chorus sounds all the way to syrupy psychedelic phasers. Get classic, pulsating tremolos all the way to warbling crushed bits. Mobius opens up the history books of music and provides new sounds and inspiration for all of your musical ideas.
The Mobius surpasses everything that has been done before —in sound design, audio quality, hardware design, and processing power. Utilizing an insanely powerful SHARC DSP, every drop of power is harnessed. Top it all off with 200 presets, full MIDI implementation and a unique Pre/Post Mode and you're on your way to modulation happiness.
Mobius provides twelve studio-class, fully tweakable, and completely adjustable modulation machines:
The Chorus machine features five distinct modes to cover all the classic chorus sounds, from the variable-clock warmth of the dBucket, Multi, and Vibrato modes, to the crisp and clean 80s sounds of the Digital and Detune modes.
The Flanger machine's six modes are designed to deliver the historic catalog of flanging tones with maximum ease of use. Choose from the color-coded Silver, Grey and Black (+ and -) modes for vintage stomp flanger tones, or go through zero back to the days of tape flanging with the Zero+ and Zero- modes.
The Rotary machine captures the sonic swirling complexities of a variable horn and drum rotary speaker. A variety of parameters let you shape the system's sonics and mechanics.
The Vibe machine lives and breathes with the warmth and depth that discerning vibe fans will appreciate. Control over waveshape symmetry, low end response, and headroom allow for precise under-the-hood adjustments.
The Phaser machine's modes ensure that you're able to easily dial in chewy 2, 4 and 6 stage phasers as well as swirly 8, 12 and 16(!) stage phasers. Each mode was painstakingly tuned for optimum sonic performance.
The flexible Filter machine gives you Low Pass, Wah, and High Pass filter modes, with resonance control and a host of cool waveforms, including envelope control, to allow for soothing sweeps, funky wahs, and futuristic bleeps.
Say what? The Formant machine does the talking for you. The Formant machine provides hours of fun as a host of selectable waveforms control the selected vowels. Select random vowels, and who knows what it'll say next?
The Trem machine provides three historic tremolo sounds. Choose the rich complexity of the Harmonic tremolo, the soothing pulses of the Tube tremolo, or the surf and spy sounds of the Photo tremolo.
The Pattern Trem machine allows you to sequence up to eight beats of trem subdivision for some unique rhythmic sounds. Choose from a variety of waveforms, including smooth sinewaves, sharp saws, choppy pulses, and more. Easily re-trigger your pattern with a single press of the tap switch.
The Autoswell machine goes beyond the typical 'volume swell' effect, giving you four different types of swell curves to choose from, in addition to a wide range of rise times. The Depth knobs brings in a chorus/vibrato effect to the swelled signal when turned up.
The Destroyer machine combines bit-crushing, sample-rate reduction, and lo-fi filtering alongside vinyl scratches and warps. From an old-timey 78 record, to video-game nostalgia, to a heinously corrupted under-sampled buzz, the Destroyer machine has the power, flexibility and sonic pedigree necessary to really muck things up just right.
The Quadrature machine handles another spectrum of signal corruption. Choose from AM (amplitude modulation), FM (frequency modulation), or Frequency Shifting (single side band modulation) to go where few have gone before. This mode is highly flexible with a variety of waveshapes to modulate the modulation.
Front Panel Controls:
- Type – chooses modulation effects type
- Value - for control of modulation parameters, global settings and LFO speed
- Param 1 – assignable to any parameter
- Param 2 – assignable to any parameter
Ins & Outs
- Stereo In and Out Jacks
- Expression Pedal Jack
- Pre / Post switch – Very cool! More on this below
- Midi In / Out
More Features. Expression Pedal Control, Assignable Knobs, Pre/Post Mode, and MIDI Integration:
200 Built-In Presets
Mobius gives you the option to instantly save and recall up to 200 of your own presets. Easily bank up or down through your presets using the front panel switches. Give each preset its own custom name to appear on the display. You can even select presets via an external MIDI controller.
Expression Pedal Control
Plug in an expression pedal and control any knob or combination of knobs, all saveable per preset. Or plug in an external momentary Tap switch for remote control of your LFO Speed.
Do you like to tweak some knobs more than others? Mobius gives you the ability to assign custom parameters to the two Param knobs on the front panel, all saveable per preset.
This is incredibly cool! Switch to the Pre/Post Mode and now you can place your Mobius in two different locations in your mono signal chain, without having to rewire your pedalboard! Want to run Mobius before your distortion box for one song and after the distortion for another? Easy! No rewiring necessary.
Extensive MIDI Support
Have a more complex rig? Mobius offers a complete MIDI implementation to connect to your MIDI gear. Sync your LFO time to MIDI clock. Remote control of any knob, parameter, or switch. Select your presets via MIDI.
In case you’re still not convinced… Here is even more information!
- Studio-class modulation algorithms deliver meticulous and detailed modulation experiences
- Twelve modulation machines to choose from: Chorus, Flanger, Rotary, Vibe, Phaser, Filter, Formant, Vintage Trem, Pattern Trem, Autoswell, Destroyer, Quadrature
- Five front-panel tone shaping knobs: Speed, Depth, Level, Param 1, Param 2 (Param knobs assignable per preset)
- Additional menu-driven parameters deliver extremely flexible tone shaping options and versatility
- 200 easily accessible and nameable presets, save and recall at the press of a switch
- Three rugged metal footswitches for preset selection, effect bypass, and Tap
- LED display for preset info, BPM readout, and extended parameter control
- Full MIDI implementation allows extended control for those with more complex rigs
- Sturdy and lightweight dark blue anodized aluminum chassis
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 110dB typical signal to noise
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- +8dBu maximum input level easily handles instrument and line signals
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance DSP in a compact form factor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Selectable high-quality Analog Buffered Bypass
- Selectable Tap Subdivision, saveable per preset
- Optional Global Tap Tempo mode
- Included 9V DC power supply (300mA required minimum)
- Dimensions: 6.75" wide, 5.1" deep
- Designed and Built in the USA