Airline Guitars Twin Tone - The Duke Signature - Sunburst - Flame Top Solidbody Electric Guitar - NEW!
Airline Guitars Twin Tone - The Duke Signature
Duke Robillard Signature Model Electric Guitar
Also known as Mike Robillard earlier in his career, the Duke is a founding member of the respected Roomful of Blues band, which has been active since 1967. A seasoned player with a career spanning many decades, Duke knows his way around guitars! The Airline Twin Tone has long been his weapon of choice, so the time was right to release a signature version of the Twin Tone in a stunning Sunburst finish with flamed Maple top! This upgraded version of the Twin Tone also features a push/pull knob for phase control, and reflector knobs.
The Airline Twin Tone is a tribute to the vintage Supro Dual Tone model electric guitar. Vintage Airline Guitars were made in the USA between 1958 and 1968 by Valco and sold through Montgomery Ward. Valco also made guitars under the National and Supro brand names. Today these vintage electric guitars are highly prized by collectors and have been made famous again after being rediscovered by many of today’s influential guitar players. These reissues from Airline Guitars are fantastically fun and a killer bang for the buck! They also play as good as they look thanks to a number of enhancements to the construction and playability vs their vintage counterparts, including modern quality necks with good action and frets, as well as great sounding pickups.
Features of the Airline Twin Tone “The Duke” Robillard signature electric guitar
- Basswood Body with Flame Maple Top
- Bolt-on Neck
- Pearloid Block Marker Inlays
- 24 3/4" Scale Length
- 1 5/8" Width at the Nut
- 20 frets
- Dual Hot-Rail Humbuckers
- 3-Way Switching
- Dual Volume Controls
- Dual Tone Controls
- Push/Pull on Bridge Tone for Phase
- Pin Striped Dual Pickguard
- Nickel/Chrome Hardware
- Vintage Kluson Style Tuners
- Tune-O-Matic Bridge
- Custom Chrome Tailpiece
- (*Optional Bigby B-50 – Inquire)
- Case: Sold Separately
Make'n Music is happy to have the Airline Twin Tone “The Duke” Signature in stock and for sale at a great price! We are the Eastwood / Airline Guitars USA Warehouse and Factory Outlet shop. We always have the best selection of Eastwood and Airline Guitars in stock at a great price. If you don’t see what you are looking for just give us a shout. If it exists we probably have it available!
Features & Specs
- Body: Basswood
- Colours: White, Metallic Blue, Metallic Red, Green, White LH, Optional BIGSBY
- Pickups: Dual Hot-Rail Humbuckers
- Switching: 3-Way
- Controls: 2 Volume 2 Tone
- Bridge: Tune-O-Matic, Custom Chrome Tail
- (optional BIGSBY, $129 installed, see Accessories)
- Neck: Bound Maple, Bolt-on
- Finger Board: Rosewood, Block Markers
- Scale Length: 24 3/4" (628mm) 20 frets
- Width at the Nut: 1 5/8"
- Hardware: Vintage Kluson Style Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: D'Addario #10
- Case: Extra
- Unique Features: Pin Striped Dual Pickguard