Collings Guitars I-35 LC Deluxe
Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar!
Vintage Gibson ES-335 - style tone and construction
Custom Boutique Quality Craftsmanship!
STUNNING, ELEGANT LOOK!
Bigsby Trem! ThroBak Pickups!
Make'n Music is extremely happy to have the Collings I-35 LC Deluxe available for sale! Finally- A guitar designed from the ground up to really nail the classic, vintage tone of a Gibson ES-335 -style semi-hollow electric guitar. Like all Collings instruments, the I-35 LC is a work of beauty- Especially this DELUXE model with it's Flourish Peghead inlay, Ivoroid Binding, Knobs and Pickup rings, Black finish and Bigsby Trem. But this ''LC'' version with it's laminated construction (like the original vintage Gibsons) proves that the secret to that tone is indeed in the unseen details. Sonically, these Lamiate Construction guitars have a little more of that "airy plink'', whereas the original-style I-35 with it's carved solid wood construction has more of a chambered, solid-body ''mid range cut''. Every detail of these Collings instruments is perfect- from the workmanship to the playability and tone.
Cosmetically speaking the Collings I-35 LC is a truly beautiful instrument. It has that classic, vintage look. But upon closer examination all the things that make a Collings Guitar a true work of functional musical art become aparent. The fit and finish is flawless, the fretwork is perfect, even inside the F holes everything is neat and tidy. Is this necessary to the functionality or tone of an electric guitar? Not necessarily, but it sure does go to show how seriously Collings takes instrument construction. The tone is beautiful as well thanks to a set of optionan ThroBak humbucking pickups. Size-wise, while this may look like a full size Gibson ES-335, the body is actually downsized ever so slightly for confort. It's not as small as one of those Gibson CS-336 guitars. But it's 15" across the lower bout.
If you are looking for the ultimate vintage ES-335 - style Semi-Hollow electric guitar tone, but you demand a higher level of quality- perfect tone and playability- The Collings I-35 LC Deluxe is the right guitar for you!
Features of the semi-hollow Collings Guitars I-35 LC Deluxe w/ Bigsby
- Semi-Hollow body
- Laminate construction with Maple center block
- Grained Ivoroid Binding, Knobs and appointments
- Slim contour F-holes
- Mahogany neck w/ bound Rosewood fingerboard
- Medium-Fat "C" profile
- "Haircut" headstock w/ 15 degree angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with pearl Collings logo
- Flourish peal peghead inlay
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 frets, neck joins the body at the 19th fret
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale Length
- Medium fret wire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- 1950's Style wiring
- CTS 500K pots and Xicon caps
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Tonepros AVR-II bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- ThroBak humbucking pickups
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
- Bigsby Tremolo
- 7.2 lbs - FEATHER LIGHT!
I will also add this bold statement- NOBODY builds a finer quality ''item'' than Bill Collings (and I am not just talking about guitars- I'm talking anything that exists in this world that is created from raw materials). Period.