Used David Bray 4550 head
David Bray Amps 4550 head
Custom Tube Guitar Amplifier!
50 watt Modded Marshall Plexi-style tone!
Used! Just in on consignment!
This 4550 head from David Bray amps is just in on consignment. Even though it is a used tube guitar amplifier, it is in immaculate condition and was only used in a home, non smoking environment. Excellent condition without any significant visible signs of wear and tear, etc… The Bray 4550 is a superior version of the famed vintage British 50 watt plexi, custom voiced to your needs, playing style, and existing gear. This is a custom ordered version of the head with many of the deluxe features.
The Standard Bray 4550 50 watt tube guitar amp head includes:
- Completely hand-wired, hand-soldered Point-To-Point turret board and components
- Precision tight-wound tube filament wiring design to eliminate AC filament hum
- Bray spec'd custom-wound transformers by Heyboer
- Gold color 16 gauge zinc-plated steel chassis
- 3x ECC83 preamp tubes, 2x EL34 output tubes, 1x GZ34 rectifier tube
- 3-way Standby Switch lets you choose between Tube and Solid State Rectifier, and is Bias-Compensated
- Output Level “Wife Knob” control lets you dial down the volume to whisper levels without losing gain or overdrive
- Plexi Style Channel 1 Bright and Channel 2 Dark channels allow you to mix each one into your sound how you want without the use of a separate jumper cable
- Plus Mode places the channels from parallel into series (as well as a few tonal changes), allowing even higher gain sounds.
- (H) 9" x (W) 26" x (D) 8-1/4" , 38 lbs.
Deluxe options included on this Bray 4550 Modded Marshall Plexi-style guitar amp:
- Harmonic Switch push/pull switch added to the Treble Control, adding harmonics and upper mids when pulled out. Great for guitars that have somewhat scooped pickups such as vintage PAF styles.
- Vintage/Hot Switch push/pull switch added to the Midrange Control, allowing a slightly more aggressive tone when pulled out, and a mellower sound when pushed in.
- Channel 1 Bright Switch added to the Channel 1 Volume Control, adding high frequencies when pulled out. Although bypassed when the volume control is all the way up, it is useful for Classic Rock sounds when the Channel 1 Volume is set around 6. Pulled out, it adds just a bit of “clang” to bring you out of the mix.
Like all our used / vintage gear this amp has been tested for functionality and priced to move! It sounds fantastic and is incredibly useful live, at home or in studio. Sold as-is. What you see is what you get.