USED Deering Calico 5-string Banjo - Beautiful Figured Maple - Custom Boutique Hand-Made!
Deering Calico 5-string Banjo
Used! Just in on Consignment!
Stunningly Beautiful and Great Sounding!
Used! Just in on consignment from one of our regular clients. A premium quality world class 5-string banjo that is appreciated for its crisp tone with great highs and distinctive bass response. The Deering Calico 5-string is not only beautiful, but it is also exceptionally dynamic with both powerful sound and response providing an excellent tool for all styles of music. Features tapered inside resonator walls for added projection of tone, and glued-in frets. Each fret is fitted to the fingerboard and glued in place so that in the future when the frets are worn out, they can easily be replaced without chipping the fingerboard. You will gain these benefits on every model from the Calico on up the line.
The heart of the Deering Calico banjo is the Deering bronze tone-ring, precisely fitted to the three ply maple rim. The Deering -06- tone ring produces a beautiful, balanced overtone spectrum. Its weight is ideal for most styles played on the banjo. A softer touch will provide you with as much sustain as you ever want, a sharper attack will produce a distinct pop and accurate note separation. You will notice no dead spots over the entire fingerboard. The beautiful highs and powerful well rounded bass is the result of intense study of alloys and shapes resulting in superb sound.
Like all our used / vintage gear this has been tested for functionality and priced to move. Immaculate condition without any serious issues, damage or repairs. Some light oxidation that could easily be polished out with a little elbow grease is about all there is to report. Sold as-is. What you see is what you get.
Features and Specs of the used Deering Calico 5-string Banjo
- Curly Maple With A Honey Stain
- Natural Ebony Fingerboard
- Mother Of Pearl Scroll Inlays
- Ivoroid Bound Fingerboard and Peghead
- Multi-color Neck Purfling Trim
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- 22 Nickel-Silver Frets
- Fully Adjustable Two Way Truss Rod
- Deering Planetary Banjo Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- High Gloss Finish
- Deering -06- 20 Hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- 11" Deering Premium Violin Grade 3-ply Maple Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- 5/8″ Deering Smile Maple/Ebony Bridge
- 24 Round Hooks and ¼″ Hex Nuts
- One Piece Cast Zinc Flange
- Slender Shaped Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deering True Tone Tailpiece
- Curly Maple
- Coral Snake Wood Purfling Trim
- Ivoroide Binding
- Shallow Depth For Quick Response
- Resonator Sides Are Specially Tapered On the Inside for Projection of Tone
- High Gloss Finish
- Deering Hardshell Case Included
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8″
- Rim Diameter 11″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
With a brighter tone than mahogany, maple provides a beautiful bass response and great highs. The banjo plays string to string and up the neck at a consistent clarity and excellent volume so it is easily heard amongst a band.
*** Please note: Specs are based on the current Deering Banjos website description for this item. I am not a Banjo expert so I cannot confirm that they are accurate or exactly the same for this particular banjo, so if there is anything at all you have specific questions or concerns about, please ask for verification or confirmation.